- What are the deadlines for graduate applications?
- There is one deadline in January each year. For exact dates, please view: https://www.history.ox.ac.uk/how-apply-graduate-study
- Can students apply to study for the MSt if their BA is not in History of Art?
- Yes, students apply with a variety of backgrounds.
- What are the costs involved and is there any funding or any scholarships available?
- Costs include tution fees, college fees and living costs. Information and details about funding and scholarships can be found here: http:/www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding
- Can the courses by studied part-time?
- Only the DPhil can be studied part-time. All other courses are full-time, and we do not offer online courses.
- Who do I contact regarding DPhil study and research interests?
- Profiles of the academic staff are shown here: https://www.hoa.ox.ac.uk/academic-and-admin-staff
- Will I be interviewed as part of the admissions process if I apply for any of the postgraduate programmes? Interviews are not normally held as part of the MSt admissions process. Assessors may get in touch with an applicant directly via email in case of any queries, but this is rare. For the DPhil programme, interviews may be arranged for some applicants as part of the admissions process. If travel to Oxford is not convenient, interviews can take place in person, by telephone or via Skype.
All specific questions regarding a prospective or current research student application (including queries regarding offers, withdrawals and deferrals) should be addressed to the Faculty of History Graduate Office: email@example.com
Please do not contact the Department of History of Art if you are waiting to hear back with regards your application as we are unable to advise. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a query about applying to be a recognised student within the Department of History of Art, please direct your query to the Faculty of History Graduate Office as they are responsible for these requests. Please email: email@example.com