- Is there a graduate applications deadline? Yes, in January each year. For this year's date, please click here.
- Can students apply to study for the MSt if their previous degree is not in History of Art? Yes, students apply with a variety of backgrounds.
- What costs are there? Is there any funding or any scholarships available? Costs include tution fees, college fees and living costs. Information and details about funding and scholarships can be found here.
- Can the courses by studied part-time? The DPhil can be studied part-time.
- Who do I contact regarding DPhil study and research interests? Profiles of the academic staff are shown here: https://www.hoa.ox.ac.uk/academic-and-admin-staff
- Will I be interviewed as part of the admissions process if I apply for any of the postgraduate programmes? Interviews are not normally held as part of the MSt admissions process. Assessors may get in touch with an applicant directly via email in case of any queries, but this is rare. For the DPhil programme, interviews may be arranged for some applicants as part of the admissions process. If travel to Oxford is not convenient, interviews can take place in person, by telephone or via Skype.
All specific questions regarding a prospective or current research student application (including queries regarding offers, status of application, withdrawals and deferrals) should be addressed to the Faculty of History Graduate Office firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a query about applying to be a recognised student within the Department of History of Art, please direct your query to the Faculty of History Graduate Office as they are responsible for these requests. Email email@example.com